sexta-feira, 16 de novembro de 2012

Advanced English 21

1- Phrases /frêizis/ - frases
* I'm her guinea pig. /guení-pêgui/
   Sou sua cobaia.
* I've had better days. /áivi-rédi-bérer-dêis/
   Já tive dias melhores.
* I have to take care of my little son /têiki-keróva-mai-lírou-sânn/
   Tenho de cuidar de meu pequeno filho.
2 - Verbs - Verbos
Lie - lied- lain /li-léi-laênd/
   - Deitar-se, recortar-se, estirar-se
   The dog is lying on the rug /lain-on-dhê-rrógui/
   O cachorro está deitado sobre o tapete.
   You need to lie in bed. /lai-in-béda/
   Você precisa se deitar na cama.
* Lie - lied - lied /li-láied-láied/
   - Mentir
   I think he lied about his age. /ai-fénki-ri-láied-abáuti-rizêidj/
   Acho que ele mentiu sobre sua idade.
   I don't believe you, you're lying. /iúri-láiin/
   Não acredito em você, está mentindo
* Care - cared - cared /kér-kéredi-kéredi/
   - Estar interessado ou preocupado com algo
   I don't care about his answers /airôn-kér-abáuti-risênsors/
   Não me interessam suas respostas.
   I don't care what color you choose./airôn-kér-uóti-kólor-iú-tchiúzi/
   Não me importo qual cor você escolher.
   Who cares? /ru-kéris/
   Quem se importa?
3 - Multi-word verbs - Verbos compostos
a) Lie:
* Lie down /lai-dáun/ - Deitar-se
    I think I'll lie downI think for a while. /ai-fênki-aél-lai-dáun-fóra-uaél/
   Acho que vou me deitar um pouco.
* Lie behind /lai-biráidi/ - Estar por trás
   I don't know what lies behind his words./lais-biráudi-ris-uôrrdis/
   Não sei o que está por trás de suas palavras.
Lie back /lai-béki/ - Deitar-se, recostar-se
   The child lay back /tchai-éudi-lêi-béki/
   A criança se deitou.:
b) Care:
* Care for /kér-for/ - Cuidar de alguém ou algo; importar-se com alguém ou algo
   He cared for the dog. /ri-kéredi-for-dhê-dógui/
   Cuidou de seu cachorro.
   I don't think she cares for him./kéris-for-rêmm/
   Não creio que ela se importe com ele.
c) Get:
* Get over /guerôuver/ - Recuperar-se de uma doença ou de um acidente
   I'm not very well. I'm stil getting over. /istél-guerinnôuver/
   Não estou muito bem, ainda estou me recuperando.
   She hasn't gotten over /shi-résneti-garinnôuver/
   Ela ainda não se recuperou.
4 - Minor health problems /mainér-rélfi-problêmis/
     Problemas menores de saúde
back pain /báki-pênni/ - dor nas costas
* black eye /blékai/ - olho roxo
* bleeding eyes /blírin- ennàis/ - hemorragia nos olhos
* blister /bléster/ - bolha
* blood pressure /blódi-prechér/ - pressão sanguínea
* bruise /brúzi/ - contusão
* burn /bárrna/ - queimadura
* choking /chôkin/ - asfixia
* cold /kôldi/ - resfriado
* cough /kófi/ - tosse
* chest pain /chésti-pênn/ - dor no peito
* cut /káti/ - corte
* faint /fênti/ - desmaio
* fever /fíver/ - febre
* flu /fléu/ - gripe
* fractures /frátchrurs/ - fraturas
* headache /redêika/ - dor de cabeça
* head attack /rédi-atáka/ - ataque do coração
* menstrual pain /menstruól-pênn/ - dor menstrual
* migraine /maigrênni/ - enxaqueca
* muscular ache /moskilar-êki/ - dor muscular
* nosebleed /nôizi-blídi/ - hemorragia nasal
* poisoning /pôi-zénin/ - envenenamento
* scar /iskár/ - cicatriz
* scrapes /iskrêipis/ - arranhões
* sore throat /sórr-trôuta/
* spinal injury /ispairolendjurê/ -lesão na coluna
* stroke /istróki/ - derrame cerebral
* sunburn /sanbórrni/ - queimadura de sol
* sprain /isprênni/ - entorce
* toothache /tchiutêik/ - dor de dente
* wart /uórrti/ - verruga
4 - Exercise
A.Escolha a expressão que corresponda a cada oração e a coloque no tempo adequado:
1) She created a wonderful design for the website.. I think she ____________ with
    the boss.
2) Well, ________________ , I didn't like the movie at all.
3) Thank you very much! You really ____________ for me by talking with
     the teacher.
4) Well, I think I'm her ________________. She tries every new hairstyle on me!
5) I guess these shoes _____________________ . I can't even tell if they're black
    or brown.
6) I think we've done a great job. Now, he has to look over it __________
B.Escolha o verbo ou verbo composto que corresponde à expressão em negrito:
1) She told me she doesn't like him because he talks about himself all the time.
a) care for
b) care about
c) care

2) I don't feel very well, I think I'll go to bed and rest for a while
a) lie behinde
b) lie down
c) lie

3)  FIM .
a) got over his illness
b) got up his illness
c) got down his illness

4) He's not telling the truth abouth the accident.
a) lying behind
b) caring for
c) lying

5) My boss doesn't pay attention to what we suggest
a) care about
b) care for
c) care


                                                                 FIM 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário