sexta-feira, 2 de novembro de 2012

Advanced English 19

1- Phrases /frêizis/ - frases
* Let's celebrate! Drinks are on the house! /létis-celebrêiti-áron/
   Vamos comemorar! As bebidas são por conta da casa!
* You paid last time, so today is my treat /pêidi-sôu-tchudêi-tchuíti/
   Você pagou da última vez, logo hoje pago eu!
* He has a heart of gold /rezarórrti-óvi-gôldi/
   Ele tem um coração de ouro.
* It's on the tip of my tongue! /êtizon-thê-tchepóvi-mai-tchôngui/
   Está na ponta da língua!
* I can't remember his birthday! I'm drawing a blank! /dhráin-a-blênki/
   Não consigo lembrar o dia do aniversário dele. Apaguei da memória!
* How can you be so untidy? Look who's talking! /sôu-entáiri/
   Como você pode ser tão desorganizado? Olha quem fala!
* It's none of my business. /nannóva-mai-bê-zinés/
   Não é da minha conta.
* No comment./nôu-koménti/
   Sem comentários!
2 - Verbs - Verbos
* Spit - spat - spat /ispéda-ispeáda-ispeáda/
   - Cuspir
   The player drank some water and spat it out /espeararáuti/
   O jogador bebeu um pouco de água e cuspiu.
3 - Multi-word verbs - Verbos compostos
a) Spit:
* Spit out /ispê-ráuti/ - soltar, contar
   What's worrying you?
   Come on, spit it out, I'm your friend. /ispê-ráuti/
   O que está lhe preocupando?
   Vamos conta, sou seu amigo.
* Spit up /ispê-rápa/ - vomitar
   The baby spat up on my sweater /ispé-arápa-on-mai-suérer/
   O bebê vomitou no meu suéter.
b) Come:
* Come along /kammalôngui/ - ir a algum lugar com alguém
   He came along. /keimalôngui/
   Ele veio conosco.
c) Make:
* Make up /mêi-kápi/ - inventar (uma desculpa, uma história)
   He always makes up funny stories /mêiki-zápi-fânni-istóris/
   Ele sempre inventa histórias cômicas.
* Make off with /mêi-kófi-uêfi/ - roubar
   Somebody made off with my purse. /mêi-rófi-uêfi-mai-púrsi/
   Alguém roubou minha carteira.
3 - Phone Cards - Cartões telefônicos
* prepaid /prê-pêida/ - pré-pago
* calling cards /kálin-kárdis/ - cartões de telefone
* password /pássi-uôrrda/ - senha
* sender /sendér/ - remetente
4 - Exercise
A.Complete as frases com a expressão adequada na forma correspondente:
    draw a blank - it's my treat - I was wondering - no comment - look who's talking -
    it's slipped my mind - it's none of my business

1) Is it true that you got divorced? ___________________
2) _______________ if you could lend me your car.
3) A: Your hair looks terrible!
    B: ____________________!
4) J: Excuse me, could you bring me the bill please?
    T: Please, Jack, this time .
5) What was her celiphone number? ______________________!
6) ______________________ but, where did you get those wonderful shoes?
7) I'm afraid I failed the test. When I had to answer the questions, I _____________________.

B.Correlacione para completar as orações:
1) We're going to a chinese restaurant; (    )
2) Why me you upset? Come on,(     )
3) When she has to finish an urgent task, (     )
4) She said I could (     )
5) When people pet older (     )
6) Three men (     )

a) bring my boyfriend along
b) made off with several digital cameras
c) they always bring up their health problems
d) do you want to come along?
e) spit it out!
f) she always makes up an excuse.

C.Complete as frases com o vocabulário correto:
1) _____________________ cards are cards you've paid for before using.
2) When you call a ___________________ number, you don't have to pay.
3) A ____________________ call is when you call somebody in your country.
4) When you send money by the Internet or a bank you're ____________ money.
5) The person who receives money or a message is called a ____________
6) You can pick up the money at the _________________- location.


                                                                                      FIM

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário