domingo, 16 de setembro de 2012

Advanced English 16

1- Phrases /frêizis/ - frases
* I'm beat! I think I'll call it a day./áimi-bíti-aitênki-aél-kol-liridêi/
   Estou morto de cansaço! Chega por hoje!
* I think I'm bitting off more than I can chew./aitênki-áimi-báirin-ófi-morrdennai-kén-tchiú/
   Acho que estou fazendo mais do que posso.
* She eats like a bird. /shi-ítis-láiki-abôrrde/
   Ela como como um pássaro.
* I needed a short vacation to recharge my batteries./ainirédi-ashórrti-vaikêishan-tchu-rê-tchárgi-
   mai-baruís/
   Precisava de umas férias curtas para recarregar as baterias.
2 - Verbs - Verbos
* Slow - slowed - slowed /islôu-islôuri-slôuri/
   - Diminuir a marcha ou desenvolvimento
   The car slowed. /dhê-kár-islôuri/
   O carro diminuiu a marcha.
* Heat - heated - heated /ríti-rirrêda-rirrêda/
   - Aquecer um lugar para que fique agradável
   We'd better heat this house or we'll freezer to death. /uídi-berrôr-ríti-dhis-ráuzi-ôu-uiél-frízer-tchu-
   déta/
   Será melhor aquecermos esta casa ou vamos congelar!
* Wash - washed - washed /uóshi-uóshidi-uóshidi/
   - Lavar
   I have to wash my white shirt. /uáiti-shórrta/
   Tenho que lavar minha camisa branca
   I'd like to wash my hands before dinner./áidi-láiki-tchu-uóshi-mai-rêndis-bifór-dínner/
   Gostaria de lavar as mãos antes do jantar.
* Catch - caught - caught /kéetchi-kótchi-kótchi/
   - Agarrar, pegar (algo em movimento)
   - Pegar, capturar alguém (que está fugindo)
   - Entender o que alguém diz
   - Contrair, pegar uma doença
   The player caught the ball /dhê-plêier-kótchi-dhê-ból/
   O jogador pegou a bola.
   The police caught the thief. /dhê-políci-kótchi-dhê-thífi/
   A polícia capturou o ladrão.
   I couldn't catch what he said./ai-kôl-diníti-kéetchi-uóti-risédi/
   Não pude entender o que ele disse.
   I caught a cold /ai-kótchi-akôldi/
   Peguei um resfriado.
3 - Multi-word verbs - Verbos compostos
a) Catch:
* Catch up on /kétchi-apõnn/
* Catch up with /kétchi-apuêfi/
   - ficar em dia
   I have to catch up on my English. /kétchi-apônn/
   Tenho que ficar em dia com  o inglês.
   She needs to catch up on her paperwork./pêiper-uôrki/
   Tem que colocar seus papéis em dia.
* Catch on /kétchon/
   - ter êxito, fazer sucesso
   His novel didn't catch on./ris-nóvol-dêniti-kétchon/
   Suas novelas não fizeram sucesso.
b) Heat:
* Heat up /rirápa/ - esquentar um alimento ou bebida
    I'll  heat up  the pot roast /aél-rirápa-dhê-póti-rrôusti/
   Vou aquecer o assado de panela.
c) Slow:
* Slow down /islôu-dáun/
   - diminuir o ritmo, desacelerar
   - diminuir o nível de atividade
   The bus slowed down. /islôuda-dáun/
   O ônibus diminuiu a velocidade.
   I told him to slow down /ai-tôldi-rimm-islôu-dáun/
   Eu lhe pedi para se acalmar.
d) Put:
* Put on /purônni/ - aumentar, engordar
   She Put on a lot of weight /shi-purônni-aloróva-uêidji/
   Ela engordou muito.
e) Get:
* Get down to /guéti-dáun-tchu/ - começar a fazer algo seriamente
   I have to get down to doing more exercise. /mór-ek-zersáis/
   Tenho que começar seriamente a fazer mais exercícios.
4 - Expanding your vocabulary - Expandindo seu vocabulário
a) Recipes /rrecipís/ - receitas caseiras
* add /éda/ - adicionar
* bake /béiki/ - cozimento
* blend /bláindi/ - misturar
* boil /bo-iél/ - ferver
* braise /brêizi/ - cozinhar lentamente com a panela fechada
* beat /bíti/ - bater
* chop /shópa/ - picar
* dice /dáici/ - cortar em cubos
* fat /féti/ - gordura
* fry /frái/ - fritar
* lumps /lâmpis/ - caroços
* melt /mélti/ - derreter
* mince /mênci/ - picar (carne)
* oven /óven/ - forno
* sift /séfiti/ - peneira, peneirar
* stir /istér/ - mexer
5 - Exercise
A.Escolha a expressão ou palavra adequada em casa caso:
1) when I accepted the job, I thought I was going to manage, But I guess I __________
a) 'll call it a day
b) 'm bitting off more that I can chew
c) 'll slow down

2) Sammy has _____________ weight a lot sing the last time I saw him.
a) got down to
b) caught on
c) put on

3) I coouldn't quite ______________ what the announcer said on the loudspeakers.
a) catch
b) catch on
c) catch up on

4) This kind of music didn't ____________________ in Europe.
a) catch up with
b) put on
c) catch on

5) I need a two-week vacation to ____________
a) eat like a bird
b) recharge my batteries
c) call it a day

6) Let's __________________. We already finished our job.
a) call it a day
b) get down to work
c) catch up with this

7) He drank a lot of wine to _______________ the meat.
a) slow down
b) catch on
c) wash down

8) Let's _________________ work. Our deadline is at 4.
a) get down to
b) slow down
c) catch on

9) Andy _________ the flu.
a) caught on
b) put
c) caught

B. Complete corretamente os espaços em branco desta receita com as palavras da lista.
    cook - serve - bake - fill - add - stuffed - stir - directions
    sprinkle - mince - mixture - sinner - chop - boil - preheat

(1) __________________ Sweet Peppers
(2) ________________________:
(3) ____________________ oven to 300 degrees.Place the peppers in boiling water and
(4) _______________ for 3 minutes.
(5) _______________ the onion and
(6) ___________________ the meat. In a large frying pan,
(7) ______________ pork, beef, onion, and garlic until the meat is brown and the onions are tender.
(8) _____________ tomatoes, water, basil, oregano, rice, salt and pepper to the meat. Reduce heat and
(9) ______________ for 15 to 20 minites or until


                                                                                    FIM

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário