sábado, 1 de setembro de 2012

Advanced English - 13

1 -  Phrases /frêizis/ - frases
* Taking my kind to the park on Sunday makes my day /têikin-maikáindi-tchu-dhê-párki-ôn-
   sandêi-mêikis-maidêi/
   Levar meu filho ao parque aos domingos faz o meu dia.
* Take advantage of the end-of-season sale period. /thêiki-advantêidji-óvi-dhê-êndi-óvi-sízen-sél-piurída/
   Aproveite as ofertas do fim de temporada.
* He's very at playing soccer /véuri-éti-plêi-in-sóker/
   Ele é muito bom jogando futebol.
* Thank God I arrived on time! /tênki-góda-ai-auráividi-ontcháimi/
   Graças a Deus cheguei a tempo.
* Thank God I found my watch /tênki-góda-ai-fâundi-mai-uótchi/
   Graças a Deus encontrei meu relógio.
* Oh, my God! I lost my keys! /ôu-mai-góda-ailósti-mai-kiss/
   Oh, meu Deus! Perdi minhas chaves!
* Gosh! I forgot my keys! /góshi-ai-forgóti-maikiss/
   Deus! Esqueci minhas chaves!
* I could talk to her at last! /ai-kódi-tóki-tchu-rér-éti-lásti/
   Enfim pude falar com ela.
* At last, she said she was coming /éti-lásti-shi-sédi-she-uós-kâmmin/
   Finalmente ela disse que estava vindo.
* The last minute, she was coming /dhê-lásti-minéti--shi-uós-kâmmin/
   No último momento, ela estava chegando.
* I prefer romantic movies /ai-prifér-rrumantéki-múvis/
   Prefiro filmes românticos.
* I'd prefer to go home now /áida-prifér-tchugôu-rôumi-nau/
   Prefereria ir para casa agora.
* I cheging my mind./ai-tchêndjin-maimáindi/
   Mudei de ideia.
* Oh, my God! Time flies! /ôu-mai-gáda-táimi-fláis/
   Meu Deus! O tempo voa!
* Time will tell if we were right./táimi-uiltél--ifuí-uér-rráiti/
   O tempo dirá se tínhamos razão.
2 - Verbs - Verbos
* Feel -felt - felt /fiél-félti-félti/
   - Sentir
   I don't feel very well today /aidônti-fiél-véri-uél-tudêi/
   Não me sinto muito bem hoje.
* Back - beackd - backed /báki-bákedi-bákedi/
   - Apoiar, respaldar
   I always  back  my students
3 - Multi-word verbs - Verbos compostos
a) Feel:
* Feel like /filáiki/ -ter vontade
   I feel like eating./ai-filáiki-êrin/
   Estou com vontade de comer.
* I don't feel like going out. /aidônti-filáiki-goinnáuti/
   Não estou com vontade de sair.
b) Take:
* Take up /tchêi-kápa/ - Começar a fazer uma atividade coo hobby
   I've taken up chess and I love it. /áivi-tchêiken-nápa-tchés-enái-lovéti/
   Comecei a jogar xadrez e estou adorando.
c) Back:
* Back out /bakáuti/ - dar para trás, não cumprir com o combinado
* They backed out at last minetu /dhêi-báketi-aurelásti-menéti/
   Eles deram para trás na última hora.
* Back up /bekápa/ - fazer cópias de segurança dos arquivos de um computador, apoiar, respaldar
   I back up my files everyday /mai-faéus/
   Eu faço cópia de segurança de meus arquivos todos os dias
   They back up our plan /bekápa-áuor-plênni/
   Eles respaldam nosso plano.
4 - Activities /ativirís/ - atividades
* chat online /tcherôn-láini/ - conversa pela internet
* go to the gym /djêmma/ - ir à academia
* go camping /gôu-kêmpin/ - acampar
* go cycling /gôu-sáiklin/ - andar de bicicleta
* go dancing /gôu djâncin/ - ir dançar
* go jogging /gôu-djóguin/ - correr
* go out for dinner /gôu-áuti-for-dínner/ - sair para jantar
* go out /gôu-áuti/ - sair
* go shopping /gôu-shópin/ - ir às compras
* go to the supermarket /supermarrkéti/ - ir ao supermercado
* go to the movies /mô-vís/ - ir ao cinema
* play a sport /plêi-a-ispóti/ - praticar um esporte
* stay at home /istêi-etirôumi/ - ficar em casa
* board games /bôorrdi-guêimis/ - jogos de mesa
* card games /kárdi-guêimis/ - jogos de carta
* checkers /chekórs/ -jogo de damas
* chees /tchéssi/ - xadre
* read books /rridi-bókis/ - leitura de livros (box /bóokis/ - caixa)
5 - Exercise:
A. Complete as orações com as expressões corretas na forma verbal correspondente:
1) I love romantic stories biographies and ________________ , thrillers.
2)  ___________________ I found my glasses.
3) ______________________ ! I thought you were not going to came!
4) I didn't like the plen at first, but now I've _______________ .
5) 3 o'clock already! ____________ ! I've got to get going!
6) You have to ___________________ of this opportunity.
7) His daughter is very ___________________ skating.
8) I'd _____________ to go to a Thai restaurant.
9) Taking a walk early in the morning _____________________________ .
10) I don't know if he'll come back. ______________________ .
11) I ______________________ to study at night.

B. Troque a explicação grifada pelo verbo composto correspondente:
1) I'd like to eat a chocolate cake.
____________________________________________
2) He didn't make a copy of the files so he lost all the information.
_____________________________________________________
3) I've started swiming and I feel much better.
_____________________________________________________
4) I thought he was going to accept the plan, but  he didn't keep his promise.
______________________________________________________________


                                                                  FIM



  

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário