sexta-feira, 8 de junho de 2012

Advanced English - 1

1 - Phrases /frêizis/ - frases
* Excuse me,is this your umbrella?
   Desculpe, este guarda-chuva é seu?
* Excuse me, this way plese!
   Desculpe, por aqui, por favor!
* Welcome to United States!
   Bem-vindos aos Estados Unidos!
* Welcome to the show!
   Bem-vindos ao show!
* Welcome home!
   Bem-vindos à casa!
* I'm very happy to be here.
   Estou tão feliz de estar aqui.
* I'm really happy to be here.
   Estou muito feliz de estar aqui.
* I'm so happy to be here.
   Estou realmente feliz de estar aqui
* I'm glad to be here.
   Estou contente de estar aqui.
* It's good to be here.
   é bom estar aqui.
* How beautiful!
   Que bonito!
* How terrible!
   Que terrível!
* That's a great idea!
   É uma ótima ideia1
* Sounds great! (Sounds good!)
   Soa bem!
* One of those days!
   Hoje é um daqueles dias (Hoje tenho um dia complicado)
2 - Verbs - Verbos
* Go - went - gone /gôu - wênt - gônni/ - ir
   He went to the movies yesterday.
* Get - got - gotten /guéti - góti - gó-hum/ - comprar, conseguir, chegar
   She got another pair of shoes. Ela comprou outro par de sapatos.
   I couldn't get an interview. Não pude conseguir uma entrvista
   She got home at 9 yesterday. Ela chegou em casa às 9 ontem.
* Show - showed - shown /shôu - shôu-dê - shôuna/ - apresentar, mostrar
   I'll show you my new car. Vou lhe mostrar meu carro novo.
* Count - counted - counted /kâunti - kauntídi - kauntídi/ - contar, somar
   He's learning to count. Ele está aprendendo a contar.
3 - Multi-word verbs /môlti-uôrdi-vérbis/ - verbos compostos
a) Count:
* Count in /kauntín/ - contar com (incluir alguém)
   You can count me in for the party /kâunti-mi-in-fór/
   Podem contar comigo para a festa.
* Count on /kauntón/ - contar com, confiar
   You can count on me, I'm your friend. /kauntôm-mi/
   Pode contar comigo, sou seu amigo
b) Show:
* Show around /shôu-a-rrâundi/ - mostrar um lugar
   Let me show you around the office.
   Deixe-me mostrar o escritório.
* Show up /shôu-ápi/ - chegar onde, aparecer
   He didn't show up for the party
   Ele não apareceu para a festa.
* Show off /shôu-ófi/ - vangloriar, fazer alarde, exibir-se
   She's always showing off in fron of everybody. /shôu-inófin/
   Ela sempre se vangloria diante de todos.
c) Go:
Go away /gôu-auêi/ - ir embora
   Go away, I'm busy!
   Vá embora, estou ocupado!
Go back /gôu-báki/ - voltar a algum lugar
   He went back  his old school.
   Ele voltou a sua antiga escola
Go off /gôu-ófi/ - tocar, disparar
   My alarm clock didn't go off today.
   Meu despertador não tocou hoje.
Go out /gôu-áuti/ - sair
   Would you like  to go out for dinner?
   Gostaria de sair para jantar?
Go on /gôu-ônni/ - continuar, seguir,
   We couldn't go on talking.
   Não pudemos continuar falando.
Going on /gôu-inônni/ - suceder
   What's going on here?
   O que se sucede aqui?
Go up /gouápa/ - aumentar, subir
   Prices have gone up /práicis-révi-gonnápa/ - Os preços aumentaram
Go down /gôu-dâun/ - descer, diminuir, baixar
   The rents have gone down /dhê-rrêntis-révi-gondâun/ - as vendas cairam
d) Get:
* Get along with /gueralôngui-uéfi/ - se dar (bem ou mal) com alguém
   I don't get along very well with my new neighbor
   Não me dou muito bem com meu novo vizinho.
* Get back /guéti-báki/ - voltar
   We got back to the hotel at 11 p.m. /góti-báki/, /rôutcheu-erilêven-piêmma/
   Voltamos ao hotel às 11 p.m.
* Get in /guerín/ - entrar (subir em um automóvel)
   Get in the car. Entre no carro
* Get out of /guerauróva/ - sair (descer de um carro)
   He got out of the car. /gorauróva/ - Ele desceu do carro.
* Get on /guerón/ - pegar (o trem, o ônibus, o avião, etc)
   The children are getting on the bus. /guerin-ônni/
   As crianças estão pegando o ônibus.
* Get off /guerófa/ - descer (trem, ônibus, avião, etc)
   When he got off the train he looked tired /gorófa/, /lókedi-tcháiedi/
   Quando ele desceu do parecia cansado.
* Get together /guéti-tiguédar/ - encontrar, reunir
   Let's get together and celebrate!
   Vamos nos reunir para celebrar!
* Get up /guerápa/ - se levantar da cama
   I usually get up at 7:30.
   Geralmente me levanto às 7:30.
* Get by /guéti-bai/ - ajeitar
   I don't know how they get by with three kids.
   Não sei como se ajeitaram com três crianças.
* Get to /guetchú/ - chegar
   He didn't get to school on time.
   Não chegou à escola a tempo.
 4 - Expanding your vocabulary - Expandindo seu vocabulário
* Stores of shops /istóris-óvi-shópis/
   Lojas que se encontram:
   gas stations /gás-istêishans/ - postos de gasolina
   beer /biér/ - cerveja
   fast food /fésti-fúdi/ - comida rápida
   candies /kendís/ - guloseimas
   ice-cream /áici-krínna/ - sorvetes
   soft drinks /sófti-drínkis/ - refrescos
   cigarettes /cigourrétis/ - cigarros
*Discount Stores /diskâunti-istóris/ - lojas de desconto
* Drugstores /dróguis-istóris/ - lugar onde você encontra:
   pharmacy /fárr-mací/ - farmácia
   medicines /mediçânnis/ - medicamentos
   toys /tchóis/ - brinquedos
   electronic products /alék-tchronéki-prodáckis/ - artigos eletrônicos
   office supplies /ófici-pláis/ - artigos de escritório
   auto accesories /auréu-ekcessóris/ - acessórios para carro
   school supplies /iskúl-sê-pláis/ - artigos escolares
   kitchen appliances /kítchin-aplaiêncis/ - eletrodomésticos
* Thrift Stores /truéfti-istóris/ - brechó, lojas que vende mercadorias usadas.
* Outlet Malls /Centers /auléti-móssi-sentérrci/-centros de venda onde encontramos roupa, calçado
   esportivo, aparelhos elétricos, cosméticos e brinquedos
* Supermarket /supermakéti/ - supermercado
* Shopping centers /shópin-sentérrci/ - centro de compras, onde encontramos lojas das principais
   marcas, restaurantes, estacionamentos, salas de cinema.
5 - Exercises
Escolha a frase verbal que tenha o mesmo significado que a expressão em negrito:
1) Josh is having a better relations hip with his co-workers now.
a) getting along with
b) getting together
c) getting off

2) My alarm clock didn't sound this morning, so I arrived at the office one hour late.
a) go on
b) go off
c) go out

3) Let's exit the car and walk to the river.
a) get off
b) get out off
c) show around

4) Jason is a very good person; you can always trust him when you need to. count him in
a) count him in
b) count on him
c) count

5. I really don't know what's happining to her.
a) going on with
b) going down
c) counting in

6. I've never returned to Paris
a) gone away
b) shown around
c) gone back

7. I have to arrive at the school by 4:00 p.m.
a) get by
b) get on
c) get to

Qual é a melhor resposta para as seguintes situações?
1) Tom: I live near park too!
_____________________________________
Alysson:
a) That's a good idea!
b) What a small world!
c) Sure!

2.____________________ I think that's my umbrella.
a) How nice
b) Excuse me
c) I can't believe it

3. Tom: I stopped smoking!
Josh: Me too. ________________
a) Are you ready?
b) That's a great idea.
c) Welcome to the club!

4.My boss shouted at me, my girl-friend doesn't speak to me and now, I lost my wallet! ________
a) I'm having one of those days!
b) What a small world!
c) That's a great idea!

5.If you need to buy some medicine, you can go to a _______________________.
a) drugstore
b) thrift store
c) shoping center

6. __________________ are generally open 24 hours.
a) Discount stores
b) Convenience stores
c) Outlet malls


                                                             FIM

   

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário